Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers)

How do I know if I am eligible for in-home support? Back to top...

If you are frail aged, have a disability or are a carer, you may be eligible for government subisdised in-home aged care support. If you or the person you care for are over 65 or over 50 ATSI, The first step is to call MY AGED CARE (MAC) on 1800 200 422. MAC may recommend you for an in-home assessment - conducted by the Regional Assessment Service (RAS) and from here you can request Adssi to deliver the support you need.

If you are not eligible for government assistance, we can still provide in-home support on a fee for service basis and you can have as much or as little as you like. Our Customer Service Team can provide you with a schedule of fees.

What area do you service? Back to top...

If you live on the Central Coast, we can help you. We have a great team of local people available across the Central Coast. We also provide Home Care Packages in Northern Sydney and Maitland.

Will I receive in-home support straight away? Back to top...

Depending on your assessment and the availability of the government subsidised in-home support, you may be placed on a waiting list.

If you are placed on a waiting list you can still access our services on a fee for service basis while you wait for the subsidised support to become available.

If you are not eligible for subsidised support, or you need short term or episodic assistance, you can also choose to use our fee for service assistance.

Please call customer service on 1300 578 478 for more information.

How do I access in-home aged care? Back to top...

For government assisted in-home support, please call the MY AGED CARE (MAC)  on 1800 200 422 (over 65 or over 50 ATSI) for a confidential telephone assessment. You will need to register with MAC to be eligible for subsidies, including Home Care Packages.

If you're under 65 or under 50 for ATSI, please call the NDIS on 1800 800 110 or visit www.ndis.gov.au

Alternatively, if you’d like to discuss private fee for service for yourself or someone you care for, please phone our customer service team on 1300 578 478.

Who can refer? Back to top...

With your permission, a friend, family member or your GP can refer you. You can also refer yourself. Please call the MY AGED CARE on 1800 200 422 (over 65 or over 50 ATSI).

If you're under 65 or under 50 for ATSI, please call the NDIS on 1800 800 110 or visit www.ndis.gov.au

If you want to take advantage of our fee for service options, the same applies; you can refer yourself or with your permission, a friend, family member or your GP can refer you directly to Adssi by phoning us on 1300 578 478.

Will I have a regular worker? Back to top...

Small teams are assigned to you to provide your service. This is to ensure, where practical, that the same people provide assistance. You’ll meet the members of your team and they will always have up-to-date information about your circumstances so you receive seamless support.

Will service be at a regular time? Back to top...

We operate with morning and afternoon shifts for domestic assistance such as help around the home, or transport for grocery shopping. On the day we can provide a more specific time to reduce the need for waiting around.

If you have a medical appointment, a specific time will be arranged to suit your needs.

What happens to my service if I’m away for a period of time? Back to top...

Please let us know if you are going away. You can phone or notify us in writing and we’ll put the service on hold for an agreed length of time.

It’s important to tell us so we keep the service on hold for your return. If you do not advise us, this may impact on you receiving future services or you may incur a cancellation fee.

Please note 24 hours notice is required to change or cancel regular services. This enables us to reschedule your worker’s duties and help other clients. You may be charged a cancellation fee if we are not advised, other than in an emergency situation such as unexpected hospitalisation.

How much does in-home support cost? Back to top...

Government assisted services are well subsidised and request a fee or contribution, depending on the program. Please note no one is refused service due to an inability to pay.

If you choose to access our fee for service options, please call customer service on 1300 578 478 for a schedule of fees.

How often can I access in-home support? Back to top...

Every person’s situation is different and a consultation with you will determine your support needs. Through the assessment process, we'll discuss your needs and goals and together develop a support plan. The plan can be reviewed and adjusted to suit changes in your situation.

You can also choose to 'top up' the services you receive by accessing our fee for service options. Our customer service team can provide a schedule of fees. Please phone 1300 578 478 for more information.

How do I pay? Back to top...

There are several options including Centrepay through Centrelink, which is a free service for customers to pay bills as regular deductions from your Centrelink payments.

You can post or deliver a cheque or pay by Direct Deposit through your internet or phone banking.

We can send you an invoice (email or regular mail) if you prefer and we accept most credit cards either over the phone or in person at our office in Tuggerah.

I’m a carer. What will the worker do whilst I have some respite time? Back to top...

Every situation is different and the person requiring the care may have specific needs. Our focus is always on caring for your loved one and giving you peace of mind to leave whether for a short or longer term break.

A flexible agreed support plan will be developed in consultation with you and will include specific tasks dependent on the situation.

Will I be stuck in some kind of contract? Back to top...

A flexible support plan will be developed with you and can be changed at any time. This gives Adssi permission to provide services to you and security so you know what we will do and when we will do it.

You can cancel the service agreement if you no longer need it. Please provide 24 hours notice for changes or cancellations. No exit fee is charged if you move your Home Care Package to another provider.

Please note if you don't cancel a scheduled service and a worker arrives to find you not home,  or you are unwilling to proceed, a fee will be charged, other than in the case of an emergency (e.g. hospital admission).

Translate This Website: